Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Another Subie to the family

:popcorn:Hey All, We are the proud owner of a 1998 Impreza Outback Sport wagon. High mileage but body and interior great shape. The mileage is 247000 all highway miles. It comes with all of the repair sheets and related paper work. We will be the third owner. The person sold it to me for $500.00 because it has a hole in the exhaust pipe and the dealer told him it was about 800.00 to replace the complete exhaust system. This is our second subaru at this time. We have owned 9 subarus up to now, starting with a 79 FE 2 door coupe. We are just so happy we can`t to drive them in the snow...:popcorn:

post-39195-136027652672_thumb.jpg

post-39195-136027652679_thumb.jpg

Yes this car was on craigslist Annapolis.. There is a hole in the pipe in front of the cat. Was quoted a price from Scotti Muffler for complete system front to back out the door for $450.00. They did my system on my 87 subie gl10 turbo 4x4 wagon.

Find a muffler shop that does the cut, pipe bend, weld in, type of exhaust work. Many times they are a private family owned shop. I have had this type of work done on my two Subies. New portion of pipe installed, and out the door cost of less then $50. Two years later, exhaust system still works great.

The big name (chain store) muffler shops always want to install a complete exhaust system for big bucks, when only a portion of a pipe has gone bad. Recommend a cut, bend pipe, weld in, type shop if you can find one.