Ultimate Subaru Message Board

saw through Forester brake pedal ?

Just installed a Unelko Pedal Jack anti-theft bar on my 2007 Forester. Web cost $35 plus shipping so not too expensive. The unit is about 16 inches long and prevents depressing of the brake pedal thus making drive away theft difficult due to the transmission brake interlock.

http://www.amazon.com/Unelko-Pedal-Jack-Automatic-Transmission/dp/B006CVZN6C

The web description:

---------------------------------------------

Pedal Jack attaches to your brake pedal to give you unbeatable security. The patented locking system's tempered steel plate makes it drill-proof, while the highly-visible yellow handle keeps thieves from even attempting to steal your vehicle. It's constructed of heavy duty, electrically heat-treated tempered steel so it's saw-proof and cannot be fractured by freon gas. Pedal Jack is fully adjustable and fits vehicles with automatic trasmissions.

The more familiar The Club steering wheel bar can be defeated rather easily by hacksawing through plastic steering wheels then slipping it off. The brake pedal steel is obviously hard steel and more awkward to get at. I'm not familiar with how hard it is to saw through various steels. So my question here on this board is:

How difficult would it be for someone to saw through a brake pedal bar? Doing so would allow Pedal Jack to slip off. On the Forester the bar is a robust rectangular bar. Of course if a Repo Man was after one's car, this kind of thing would hardly deter them. My interest is making the notion of driving off my vehicle a difficult task for the opportunist low life.

oh yeah, the ol 1994 Legacy with 303k be still taking me to work.

Edited by winelegacy

Just installed a Unelko Pedal Jack anti-theft bar on my 2007 Forester. Web cost $35 plus shipping so not too expensive. The unit is about 16 inches long and prevents depressing of the brake pedal thus making drive away theft difficult due to the transmission brake interlock.

http://www.amazon.com/Unelko-Pedal-Jack-Automatic-Transmission/dp/B006CVZN6C

The web description:

Pedal Jack attaches to your brake pedal to give you unbeatable security. The patented locking system's tempered steel plate makes it drill-proof, while the highly-visible yellow handle keeps thieves from even attempting to steal your vehicle. It's constructed of heavy duty, electrically heat-treated tempered steel so it's saw-proof and cannot be fractured by freon gas. Pedal Jack is fully adjustable and fits vehicles with automatic trasmissions.

The more familiar The Club steering wheel bar can be defeated rather easily by hacksawing through plastic steering wheels then slipping it off. The brake pedal steel is obviously hard steel and more awkward to get at. I'm not familiar with how hard it is to saw through various steels. So my question here on this board is:

How difficult would it be for someone to saw through a brake pedal bar? Doing so would allow Pedal Jack to slip off. On the Forester the bar is a robust rectangular bar. Of course if a Repo Man was after one's car, this kind of thing would hardly deter them. My interest is making the notion of driving off my vehicle a difficult task for the opportunist low life.

oh yeah, the ol 1994 Legacy with 303k be still taking me to work.

Give me 15 seconds...

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200350988_200350988

But when you get down to it, all devices, security systems, and locks are simply there to keep honest people honest.

They will move the criminal along to another car that doesn't have the club or the brake lock device.

But, if someone were to defeat it, it wouldnt take long. But if you are smart and park your car in E. St. Louis or S. Chicago, there won't be a car worth coming back to, they will take it all and you would have a shell.

I would say pulling the coil connector, or coil plug off on an older car. If you have a newer one, pull the igniter connector, ignition fuse, etc.

The more fuse and connectors you pull,the less likely the scum will figure out how to get it started.

If you have to park overnight in E St Louis or S. Chicago, you will not have a driveable car to come back to