Ultimate Subaru Message Board

No more lurking

Hello, my name is David. I have been driving a 1994 Loyale that my brother sold me for $200. It is amazing. With stock heighth and street tires it will blast through 18 inches of snow without problems. Not long ago I accidently drove it 10 miles without knowing the oil had all spewed out front crank seal due to a defective oil pressure light switch. If the ticking lifters were not bad enough, now it has a deep thumping noise on the lower rpms. Well today I picked up a 92 with only 100k and way better body for $200. I am stoked and can't wait to consolidate all of the best parts from both into one and with the help of this board hope to enjoy it for years to come.

I got lucky with this one. My 94 is developing many a hole. I believe an older women had it and drove it carefully until the white-tail slammed the drivers side and then it got parked. Found out today a new windshield will cost about as much as car and that is minus the trim. It is $90 more from this glass shop. I'll shop around some and possibly try to salvage the good glass from the 94.