Ultimate Subaru Message Board

can anyone help me plz!?

i recently put a weber on my gen1 brat and the cable doesnt mate up on the carb side cuz the weber need a little led fishing weight thing on the end and mine doesnt have it:banghead: and i glanced at the pedal side and it looks like it has the end on it and all the ones on ebay have the end only on one side of the cable ????????????????? i dont know if you have to buy a special cable or what but if anyone can help me out and point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated

You should be able to use the original throttle cable without any issues if you use the Subaru throttle lever (from the original Hitachi carb) on the Weber.

As much as I hate to say this, have you done a search? There are plenty of treads/posts on this forum about this conversion and will provide all the information you need.

yes i read almost every post on the weber thread and didnt really see anything on that topic but maybe i missed it , and i just did it works great but diesles and backfires really loud when i shut it down just like the hitatchi did aahhhhh!!!!:banghead:

Just take the nut off and put the hitachi cable holder on it. Sometimes it helps to put a washer behind it too or even bend it a little as well, so that it doesn't hit the linkages on the side of the Weber carb.