Ultimate Subaru Message Board

It's been awhile since i did my 5-speed swap and it's still holding up 2k miles later no CEL or issues. I've noticed my mounts are s**t tho since when i push in the clutch it tries to pop out of gear and the engine shakes alot. Also when you let off the gas and push in the clutch the engine shifts alot so im sure the mounts are soft. My post tho is to update on cruise control after doing this swap. I dont know why i didnt try this afterwards but i was informed you'd need a m/t cruise box. Well today i was bored and plugged mine back in and cut the #9 and 20 wires to the inhibitor and tada the cruise works like a charm. So an update for anyone who does this swap just try your cruise see if it works. I have yet to wire in my clutch switch to #9 and 20 but i like the rev-match when i shift down :) (the cruise doesnt disengage when i push in the clutch to downshift so it revs up to match the down-shift) great for cruising 35-50 range. Everything else for the cruise works as it should with no issues.