Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Im going to need tires soon, and am trying to find an all terrain tire for my baja.

Unfortunately, in the stock size (225x60-16) there is nothing out there!

I can get BFG ATs in a 225/70-16, but they're almost 2" bigger, and im not sure if theyll fit. I dont have a lift, and the wife wont let me trim the lower edge of the front fenders.

So i guess what im really asking is....what are you guys running for ATs on these chassis with no lift?

Well thanks guys for all the responses! Im still not sure what size ill end up using...i think im going to use the 215/65-16s...no trimming required, speedo will remain about the same, and wont hurt the already shtty gearing.

Carry on:burnout:

You may have already decided, but just in case...

The 'general choice' of the folks at Scoobytruck(.com) is the General Grabber A/T. You can't have quite the OEM size, but can get close. Sometimes there's a slight rub at full lock if you don't 'trim' things, but I believe (I could be remembering wrong) that some don't experience the issue.

Im not afraid of a little trimming. Im kinda surprised how many people here lift, but dont trim! With the shape of the fenders, trimming will allow a bigger tire than a lift would. Aw well

I know the arent a lot of bajas around...but its basically an outback, right?

I did look on scoobytruck too, but i was hoping for maybe a more consistent answer. Some say yes, some say no.

Anyways, thanks!:headbang:

I know the arent a lot of bajas around...but its basically an outback, right?

Yep, it's pretty much a 1-series-old Outback chassis (the '05 Bajas, for example, are the '01 Legacy platform/headlights/etc.). The turbo engine, in particular, is different. It's the EJ-255, which is the STi long block with a smaller turbo & a little different intake & computer programming to go along with it. I love my Baja, all except for having to buy quite a bit of premium fuel. It's a great machine that I know will wear out one day, but there really isn't anything on the market that would replace it, that I know of.