Ultimate Subaru Message Board

95 legacy bogging out...part 2!!!

EJ22E phase 1 symptoms bucking, stalling, no fuel "feel" same as "95 legacy bogging out" thread. Fairtax,nipper,ricearu,olnick you guys help me out, I'm sure you remember. So I got a p0100 MAFS sensor OR circuit malfuntion. Got a MAF frim the boneyard but what if its the circuit? Where is this circuit? Same thing with my p0141 o2 heater circuit malfunction wheres the circuit? Also got MAF connector with about a foot of wire, one has bare wire coming out around like a double insulation prong number 4, any ideas?

"Circuit" refers to the wiring circuit from the ECU to the sensor and back. Chances are the MAF is just bad. The wiring for the MAF goes straight from the ECU to the MAF, no connectors in the middle, so wiring problems are unlikey, except in the case where a mouse or other furry critter has made dinner out of it.

The wire with the "fluff" coming out of the insulation is the shielded signal wire. It's normal.

Rear O2 heater code, could be the rear O2 sensor is damaged. They don't go bad very often, but occasionally something gets kicked up (rock) or wedged (stick) between the pipe/ heat shield/ floor pan what have you and can damage the sensor.

The wiring could also be loose or there could be bad connections in the harness connectors to the sensor.

There is one connector about a foot from the sensor, then another on the extension harness where it joins the main harness on top/beside of the bellhousing, passenger side where all the other connectors are. Should be grey IIRC, 3 or 4 wire plug.

Just switched em' the one that came out was assembled in the USA installed one says made in Japan, wondering if old one is aftermerket? Also that "fluff" fell off, should I cover it with electrical tape? Should I worry about it, is gunna screw stuff up? Battery disconnected clearing codes, gunna go for ride soon and check for codes at advanced. Thanks alot dude, tell me what ya' think about that fluff if you could.:headbang:

Edited by Maleki777

So I took it for a ride a few miles up and down the highway, no more p0100. However I still need to replace my front o2 sensor. I'm getting a high voltage reading from the code scanner, 1.275. Think that will smoke my new/used MAFS? Or should I be good till friday when I get paid? Also ever hear of "MEAS" readimg on those scanners referring to voltage of o2, 0.090make any sense?

There's plenty more "fluff" where it came from, if the end part fell off don't worry about it.

1.2v is a very high reading for an O2 sensor. That would either mean the mixture is way too rich, or the sensor is busticated. It's not going to affect the MAF. None of the sensors communicate with each other.

Thanks man I appreciate your time. I feel better knowing I can get to work and back. Yeh that o2 is no good, gunna replace it saturday, hopefully after that I should be goid for awhile. Then I can put money towards a lift and NOT just keeping it alive.:headbang: