Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Subaru started stuttering 200mi. ago

a 2.2L with a hard to reach sparkplug?????? :Flame: all you gotta do is pull the 2 10mm bolts out of the washer res. and move the res out of the way.

And as far as saying someone bullied someone on here? You came to us for advice. We gave you advice its your choice to take it or leave it. Some of us have been on this board for 5 to 10 years, owned every make and model of subaru and most of us wrench on our own cars.

When you post with 30 posts and someone with 2k+ posts suggests something, I would listen to them.

a 2.2L with a hard to reach sparkplug?????? :Flame: all you gotta do is pull the 2 10mm bolts out of the washer res. and move the res out of the way.

And as far as saying someone bullied someone on here? You came to us for advice. We gave you advice its your choice to take it or leave it. Some of us have been on this board for 5 to 10 years, owned every make and model of subaru and most of us wrench on our own cars.

When you post with 30 posts and someone with 2k+ posts suggests something, I would listen to them.

Post count is no indicator of experience. 1,000 posts could just mean someone likes to express their opinion, no matter if the info they share is just hearsay knowledge from some random internet forum.

Though bullying may not be intentional it can often be viewed as such based on the wording of a reply. Keep in mind there is no sense of expression behind typed text in a white box on a computer screen. I could be laughing while I type "F U cork*****r" as a joke, but with no facial expression behind the words would it be viewed as an insult or mere sarcasm?

The correct thing to do is not to defend the ones making coarse comments, nor attempt to aggravate the situation further. Keep an eye on perspective, and how your comments may be viewed by the other side.

Also keep in mind some are not as mechanically savvy as others. Someones definition of "hard to reach" may differ based on their prior experiences. It could also be due to size limitations. I have small hands and thin arms. I can change timing belts on these cars without even removing the radiator fans, or any of the accessories. Other people have to take out the radiator entirely, remove the alternator, steering pump and AC compressor in order to feel comfortable working on the front of the engine, or even to get their hands and tools in place to be able to work. Tools are another factor.

Point is, we don't need any more sticks poking around in the ashes here trying to re-light a fire. Capice? :)

• 2 weeks later...

Something I found out by speaking with a smart auto parts store worker was that NGK has a premium line too, Iridiums, etc.. It seems illogical to put in cheapo plugs when you are paying the mechanic upwards of $100 an hour to do his job. There are reasons not to put plugs in once a year or every two years yourself if you are not practiced in doing mechanical work regularly. Stuff slips and falls if you are not careful, gapping may not be checked professionally, and in my case I buy the Bosch Quattro sales BS without hearing the other side of story.

The critique I needed to hear on Bosch was to get to the root of why I thought Bosch Quattros were so good? I would have said that Bosch does good research, and are using the best technology, etc.. Then someone could have said that based on experience they do not recommend them because a number of those who have tried them have gotten less mpg and had performance issues. There were good points on this thread; ultimately problem solving has to be done on a physical inspection basis, the computer codes were useless in getting to the core issue.