Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New here, seems like an older subie forum

Hey I'm Zach. I live in VT and have started doing more with forums, but it seemed there wasn't a whole lot of variety in other ones, so my friend, who is a 1000 post member here, showed this to me. I took a look and I love all the old projects on here, so now even my car seems a little new and mainstream :-\. I have a 1995 impreza L Sedan FWD that i'm doing a little work to. I'm trying to keep it unique though, and stay with the early years of the 1st gens; not too much messing around with front end, keep the 1.8, etc. My friend on here is a really talented mechanic and he's already helped me with a couple things but I'm planning on doing a couple other things while i get through school: 5-speed swap, disc brakes all around, some suspension work and a couple other things but ill start a thread once it gets going zzz. Thats about it, thanks for reading my novel

Welcome to the USMB.

There is lots of historical info on the older cars and knowledgable folks too.

I've dealt almost exclusively with 95-99's myself and there is a lot of good info and folks here for that era too.

The very new stuff, wheel, turbo and stereo discussions there are better boards for I believe. I know I rarely find anything useful on them for myself.

I'd say folks here are more serious. Fixing their daily drivers, interested in longevity and fixing things themselves, heloing others.

Frankly the kinda place there I'd prefer to be ... so I am.