Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Code 22: Pressure or Vacuum Switches Help

My '86 RX has picked up an idle issue after I swapped out the stock injectors with new ones.

Initially I replaced the passenger side injectors, and the car ran it's best since I've had it. Smooth and consistent idle speed. Today I swapped the remaining two injectors, and have picked up a fluctuating idle. When cold the engine holds a steady idle, but once warm it bounces between 800-1k RPM consistently.

The ECS light is also now coming on, but only when I am coasting. If I apply throttle (even just barely) it disappears. Also, it is harder to start now, and opening the throttle seems to help starting.

Plugged the self-diagnostic plugs together a few hours ago, and the ECU flashed "22." "Pressure or Vacuum Switches: Fixed Value."

What exactly does this code mean? I'm assuming a vacuum switch problem somewhere, but I don't know what the "fixed value" part means. Any help, and recommendations of what switches to check first, would be great! I've been checking over the vacuum lines a bunch to make sure I didn't accidentally unplug any of them, and every checks out ok. Thanks!