Ultimate Subaru Message Board

subaru brat high beam lights working but not low beams?

the low beam is not working on my 1985 brat but the high beams work great, i have tried useing a different switch but still the same, so what do you guys think it is? a bad wire or connection? i check some of the fuses and one was blown but it was for the tail lamp for license plate so no difference i can check the rest but i checked the obvious like the head light fuse, it hasn't been run since the engine was put back in so could it be a blown fuse link?

the low beam is not working on my 1985 brat but the high beams work great, i have tried useing a different switch but still the same, so what do you guys think it is? a bad wire or connection? i check some of the fuses and one was blown but it was for the tail lamp for license plate so no difference i can check the rest but i checked the obvious like the head light fuse, it hasn't been run since the engine was put back in so could it be a blown fuse link?
Not to be a pest, but have you checked the bulbs? It wouldn't be the first time both bulbs were out. If it was both bulbs, check the alternator output at 3500 rpm; if the voltage is above 14.8V the alternator is burning out your low beams because they are most susceptible to premature burnout at high voltage.