Ultimate Subaru Message Board

While removing the stock radio, the antenna extension cable became unplugged. Since then I have been unable to find the end that the 8" or so extension plugs into, leading to the antenna.  I've spent at least 4-5 hours on my back peering into the mess of wires under the dash on separate occasions to no avail.  Needless to say with just the short cable and a piece of coat hanger taped to it my radio reception sucks.  Its been like this for a few years now, but as I'm about to repaint the roof I'm considering removing the stock antenna and figuring out something better than the coat hanger lol.  Hooking the antenna back up would definitely be preferred though.

So anyone know what I'm talking about?  Better yet where the end of the antenna cable is hidden?  93 Legacy wagon, just had a radio stock (no tape deck or CD). 

The antenna wire goes around the driver's footwell area under the carpet.  If you peel back the carpet you should be able to find it.

Sweet!  I'm gonna go try that right now.

Isn't the antenna lead long enough to simply plug directly into the back of the radio? I don't ever remember seeing an 8" extension section on a Subaru. If you still need to use one, I think they are sold at Radio Shack.

Pretty sure the stock deck was unmolested when I pulled it, but who knows.

Found it!!  Super stoked, thanks for the help guys.  Looks like I'm gonna need a longer extension though, the one that was in there is about a half inch too short with my current deck.  

Here's a picture for reference.

IMG_3657_zps2d0f89f5.jpg

Edited by 14D