Ultimate Subaru Message Board

i was scrolling through ebay, like i do when i'm bored, and was looking for Subaru stuff.  I found high pressure oil pumps for the EJ22's and EJ25's.  only 66 bucks!  A much worth it upgrade IMO.  But, i couldnt find any peoples opinions on them.  anyone on here ever bought one?  They any good?  worth buying?   Just curious cause my 1996 Legacy now has 220000 miles on her, and i'm sitting at 10 psi fully warmed up at idle.  But it does shoot up to about 50 psi everywhere above 2k rpms.

It's an ej22, it works just perfectly fine how it is. No reason to go messing with it. Let it be and it'll keep lasting forever.

If you have low oil pressure, put on a turbo oil pump, if you still have low oil pressure it's because the bearings are worn out. Plain and simple.

10-12 psi at hot idle (700rpm) is spec for an EJ.

These oil pumps almost never fail, except for the stupid screws on the backing plates backing out, and that's an easy fix as long as you catch it before they back out complety.

I certainly would trust a Subaru original with 200k miles on it over a cheap ebay pump.

Ej22s regularly go 300k miles+ on original oil pumps.

I can send out an EJ pump that is a number 9 or 10 if you have a 6 or 7 unit on your car.  I do this whenever I can on rebuilds for racing or heavy use car builds.  Typically the 9/10's are found on 4 cam engines including the 96-99 Outbacks as well as the ones for WRX/STI mentioned.  Nothing fancy for sure and agree with all above only screws coming loose.