Ultimate Subaru Message Board

87 gl seat upgrades

I want to upgrade the seats in my 87 gl and know that the older style seats like from gl-10 will work. But will seats from an impreza work, or with minor modification. Does anyone know the rail/hole dimensions for various subaru seats. Are there any seats from other vehicles that have the same pattern? I also found some gl-10 seats but they are of the dark red colour, anyone know of any good seat covers?

XT or XT6 seats are the sporty way to go. You sit lower in the car by an inch or 2 so headroom is improved.

You can fit GL-10 seats from an 85-89 Gl-10

Seats from an 85+ RX are nice too.

If you want comfort get the GL-10 seats. If you want pure sport get RX or XT/XT6 seats

If you want style get the red/black "pimp" style seats. They are VERY elusive though.

Well if there actually were any RX's around here, I might have some RX seats. Do you have any pictures of these "pimp" seats? What models had them? I would rather have sportier seats. I found someone who had put 2.5 RS seats in his Brat. The hard part is find good older model seats. Seems like lots of them fall apart on the drivers side. Maybe it's such a common problem that there is a fix...