Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Looking for a Subaru mechanic in the Cincinnati area?

Hey all,

I'm looking for a mechanic in the Cincinnati area to do a prepurchase inspection in the next couple months.

I have yet to find one that I like, but I when I do I want to make sure that it will be with me for the long haul and would, in general, be a good purchase!!

Thanks

call a pre purchase inspection company, that's what they do - they know how to look for wrecked vehicles/body work.  they are keen and have a good eye for those. and they're good at documenting the condition of paint, dings, interior, looks, cosmetics.  that said, i find them weak in mechanical/reliability aspects, but most of their clients aren't really buying cars where that's going to be much of an issue anyway...so market driven. they're just looking at basics, you'll get zero platform/Subaru specific feedback, subpar mechanical review, and basically mostly do garage queen BMW's for their clientele and will laugh at Subarus.

does cinci have any subaru places?  probably at least one? they would be able to give a more thorough mechanical run down and know Subaru specific traits to look for depending on platform, trans, engine, etc.  but, while they are experienced and know the principles and ideas of bodywork they probably aren't nearly as trained and focused on that key area.

best mix would be to do both if you're the anal type....but most aren't up for that.  heck someone on this board could do the Subaru specific part.