Ultimate Subaru Message Board

95 legacy vs bugeye impreza rs front struts

Someone i know witn an impreza RS bugeye needs front struts. I salvaged a pair of 95 legacy front struts.

Although i am sure they will fit, i am wondering if there are any rstrut length difference or spring rate differences. 

This is an opportunity for me to shed some spare parts as well as dude fixes his car for much cheaper than shop or new parts.

Someone i know witn an impreza RS bugeye needs front struts. I salvaged a pair of 95 legacy front struts.

Although i am sure they will fit, i am wondering if there are any rstrut length difference or spring rate differences. 

This is an opportunity for me to shed some spare parts as well as dude fixes his car for much cheaper than shop or new parts.

This is PURELY a guess, but it's possible putting Legacy struts on a bugeye might lift it a slight bit. The min ground clearance on 95 legacy is 6.1" and 5.9" on a bugeye. Could just be differences in undercarriage, could be strut length. Also, the bugeye is about 100 lbs lighter than the legacy, so there may be a stiffer spring on the legacy, but depending on the model of Impreza, the Imp's may be stiffer to provide better handling.

Really, aside from different models, you're talking about a generational gap between these two. Subaru could have made all kinds of minor tweaks here and there to satisfy gripes from past models.

Long story short, you can build a case to come to whatever conclusion you want. I have no idea. Good luck.

People use wrx struts on gen 2 legacys all the time.  The spring rates are lower on the legacy, and the perches are slightly lower.  Not enough to make a huge difference, but its there.  He will need an alignment after the strut/spring as the gd platofrm is wider than the legacy.  Stock eccentric bolts will be enough to get a normal camber setting from them though.