Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Timing Belt Kits for Canada?

Hi all, it's been a while.

I am trying to purchase a Gates timing belt + Water pump kit (TCKWP277A) for my 98 Forester DOHC 2.5 from Amazon but they won't ship to Canada. 

I really really really don't want to buy a kit from the stealership.  Does anyone know of a source for these Gates kits in Canada?

Thanks a bunch in advance.

Dean

http://www.autopartsway.ca

http://www.bestpricecarparts.ca/

These ones are pretty good for Loyale parts.  They look pricier than US sources, but by the time you pay shipping, brokerage, duty, and taxes on all of the above, they are pretty competitive.  Shipping is pretty fast.

Rock Auto is a possibility, too.  They ship to Canada, but brokerage can put the cost up immensely.

Do you still have any Loyales you want to get rid of?

Edited by robm

Ha ha, hey Rob.  Thanks.  Unfortunately, I am down to one Loyale now.  It's my spare, which bailed me out when the water pump went on the forester yesterday.  I know of someone that may be looking to get rid of theirs.  If they do, I'll get you in touch for sure..

Dean

Hi all, it's been a while.

I am trying to purchase a Gates timing belt + Water pump kit (TCKWP277A) for my 98 Forester DOHC 2.5 from Amazon but they won't ship to Canada. 

I really really really don't want to buy a kit from the stealership.  Does anyone know of a source for these Gates kits in Canada?

Thanks a bunch in advance.

Dean

Any of the 100`s of parts stores in Vancouver.

Play one against the other.Phone for a price and tell the next guy he has to beat it or no deal.

Most will move on the price given that ultimatum.

By the time you have made a dozen or so calls,you will have the lowest price possible.

Be hard nosed.

I`ve done this in Vancouver.Works great.

Should be easy to beat the online sources mentioned.

That looks like a good deal.  $190 for parts, $20 to ship, $30 for brokerage.  Extra 10% because our dollar in in the toilet. Taxes will be extra, charged at the border, but you can 't get away from them, and better than being taxed on $400...