Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Best way to remove dog hair from the carpeting?

Hey guys, was out cleaning the DL today trying to get it ready for a new owner to take over.  The original owner (and last owner as well) had dogs and the interior is full of hair.  I shop vac'd probably 5 lbs of it out today but can't seem to get the rest up.  I'm almost certain the interior would look excellent if I could just get that damn hair up lol.  I don't have an upholstery brush attachment for the shop vac, so I'm limited by resources...

Whats the best way you guys have found to get pet hair out of your interiors?  I've never seen it this bad before (and thats after about an 85% improvement)...

A few rolls?  In this case it'd probably be more like a dozen lol.  It's pretty bad honestly, but not nearly as bad as it was.  I took to just rubbing my feet across the carpet (like one would if they wanted to build up a static charge and zap someone) and was pulling pancake sized balls of hair up.  With as much hair as was in the shop vac today, I'd swear this was a rolling dog house :o

I work at a car rental place, we get cars with dog hair often.  That rubber brush described above works great, especially in "hair magnets" like Mazda3 and Mazda5 carpets, and that awful Mitsubishi upholstery.  Nothing beats a good powerful Ridgid shop-vac.

Just my 2 bucks