Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ea82 no power

So I did a head gaskets new seals had heads machined and checked for cracks ohh and block put everything back together and it started right up timing is dead on engine shakes more than usual motor mounts are new can't achieve over 3500rpm does not idle smooth tomorrow I'm gonna get my compression Guage back and hopefully that might tell me something any ideas would be helpful

I've had a rocker arm roll out of place when mating the cam carrier on. Everything went together but the car ran extremely rough. Compression test found zero on the one cylinder. Anyways maybe you had the same thing happen? Luckily I was able to snap it back in place with only the valve cover off.

Edited by kerandt
  • Like 1

found the problem kerandt was right rocker arm came out after the motor sitting for almost 10 years spring was sticky very slow return after cleaning it out and manual crank spins to slow bump start she works great again and another rocker arm tried coming out due to same reasons but stayed in slightly crooked holding valve slightly open but all is fixed thanks for the replies guys