Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Subaru Liberty EJ22 Relay 25232AA000

G'Day Everyone.

A while ago I was having some issues with my car losing power under load (up a hill) and have been unable to source the fault.

I have seen some recommendations to replace a Brown 6 Pin Relay above the fuse box, part number 25232AA000.

Has anyone had any luck replacing this relay and does anyone know what it does and how it could cause the problem if it was faulty?

Cheers,

Ryan. 

that is the infamous  brown relay, it is the ignition relay and when they get old the will affect the way the car idles and preforms. you can still get the replacement from Subaru from between 50 to one hundred US dollars depending on what country you live in :) Or you can take a chance like I did and grab one out of a wreck (mine still works)

Or you can do what most Australians do make your own.

http://www.ausubaru.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19809

the other 2 relays are for the fuel pump and thermo fans. if you are up there you may as well replace them as well. they are about 20 to 30 US dollars each depending on what country you live in :) Or you can take a chance like I did and grab them out of a wreck

TOONGA