Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My 1996 subaru impreza recently went in to have a cv axle changed. I got it back unfinished and where I took it is closed for the rest of the week but it is missing the stub shaft that comes out of the transmission (I think I really don't know what to call it) but I can't find one anywhere and I need to leave the state in a few days. Please does anyone know another name for this part or somewhere I can order one. Or even if you are in the Oklahoma Texas area and have a 96 impreza for parts or know anyone who does.

PS I included what it should look like when the one that needs to be in there is in there but that splined shaft is missing.

post-51707-0-88409700-1426464602_thumb.jpg

You should be able to find a new cv axle at any chain auto store (looks like there is an Advance Auto Parts about 12 miles north, AutoZone is maybe 6).  Those non-OEM axles are not generally preferred because the quality sucks compared to the OEM axles (even used OEM), but it sounds like you are in a bit of a time crunch.

Search the site for "axle shaft" for your model car and it should find the results that fit. Looks like the ball park is $70-80, but search online for discount coupons (you can usually find one for 20-30% off).

I don't know what they did with it. They said they lost it and now I can't eveb contact them

I assume they were supposed to replace the axle since they removed it for some reason?

Sorry, the "Marketplace" is the classified section here. Look under "parts for sale", or you can post in the "parts wanted" forum.