Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Tires are expensive? Someone needs to tell Discount Tire and Craigslist that. ;)

The 14" set of Toyo Eclipse w/ rims on my Subaru were basically brand new and $100 for the whOle set on CL.

The set of tires on my Durango (16") were only $480 w/ replacement certificates at Discount........

Edited by lstevens76

That's a terrible idea. How did you judge the integrity of the tire, by poking it with a finger? Would you drive across a suspension bridge over a deep river if some of the cables were snapped and hanging free? Because that's exactly the situation inside the structure of your tire at this point. Sure, the bridge may hold, but what if it doesn't? Is that a risk you're willing to take, and are you also willing to take that risk when sharing the road with other innocent people you may crash into if the tire fails the rest of the way?

Snipping the wires off and continuing to drive is burying your head in the sand in the worst way. Be glad you spotted a warning sign, and take advantage of the chance you have to fix it now, instead of after something worse happening.

Well I'm fairly certain of what could happen...just like the time when I knew almost exactly when the timing belt was going to snap.

Why...my pilot sense was good to within .0001%!

--Damien

p.s. There's no such thing as innocent in this world...just folks who plead 'nolo', those who fly bombing missions over Germany and those who kill gooks in Vietnam.