Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Looking to buy a 1995 Subaru Legacy Outback. But upon inspection the fusible link was blow, I replaced it and When i turn the car to "acc" radio, dash lights, and etc. turn on. When I turn it to "run" everything turns off and I get a battery dashlight. Then if i leave it like that in a minute or two i hear a mysterious clicking coming from the dash. Bad ground? Bad wiring? Is this not worth the trouble.? 

Blown fusible link indicates a short in the wiring somewhere. That clicking sound you hear is most likely a relay. Which one, I don't know. Maybe if you start pulling fuses one at a time, that could pinpoint which circuit the clicking relay is on. Electrical problems can be an easy fix but often are  a very expensive experience. Unless the asking price for the car is very low, I'd walk from this problem. 

The fuse hasn't blow again, from what i understand if you hook battery connections backward or jump the car with the connection made wrong you could blow the fuse. And I believe that was the case. Where are the other fusible links located at? I was only aware of the one in the fuse box under the hood.