Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Make sure the spark plug is tight. If its loose compression can push the plug wire off.

At the top of the boot there's a cone shape that seals the boot to the plug well. Put some silicone or di-electric grease on there to help the cone slip into the plug well so the boot can slide in further.

Make sure the spark plug is tight. If its loose compression can push the plug wire off.

At the top of the boot there's a cone shape that seals the boot to the plug well. Put some silicone or di-electric grease on there to help the cone slip into the plug well so the boot can slide in further.

I've made sure that it is seated properly. Pushed the thing till it was all the way in with no possibility of it going any further. But I'll check and make sure that the plug is snug when I get home. Edited by Baslyn

• 6 years later...
On 6/24/2015 at 8:38 PM, Baslyn said:

Hi, I have a 2000 Legacy L Station. I just bought it this past January. For some reason about a month ago as I was driving down the Highway doing about 75 mph up a mountain, I noticed that the Temp gauge started to climb and stop just before it got into the red zone. Turning the heater on brought the temp back down to normal. On the other side of the mountain I didn't have any problems with the temp gauge rising again. Until about a week ago.... Now when I'm running at any speeds past 65 the  temp guage will climb. But the moment that I slow down to 65 or under then temp starts to go back to normal. Both fans do come on. And I have noticed that when I come to a stop sometimes that the car sounds/feels like it's bubbling but when I look into the overflow tank there are no bubbles coming out of the hose.

Hi, I have a 2000 Legacy L Station. I just bought it this past January. For some reason about a month ago as I was driving down the Highway doing about 75 mph up a mountain, I noticed that the Temp gauge started to climb and stop just before it got into the red zone. Turning the heater on brought the temp back down to normal. On the other side of the mountain I didn't have any problems with the temp gauge rising again. Until about a week ago.... Now when I'm running at any speeds past 65 the  temp guage will climb. But the moment that I slow down to 65 or under then temp starts to go back to normal. Both fans do come on. And I have noticed that when I come to a stop sometimes that the car sounds/feels like it's bubbling but when I look into the overflow tank there are no bubbles coming out of the hose.

I had the same problem with a engine put into my Subaru. The temperature sensor was not working and the vehicle  the 

Edited by Just a driver
This is not my post..... I have a 2000 Subaru with a engine just put in. Replaced the thermostat twice and upgraded to a better thermostat and problem solve . The vehicle no longer over heating when driving ov e 70mph