Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Testimony of the 1995 Subaru Legacy LS 4 dr.

Well, guys and gals, This may not be the place to put this but I'm here to tell you that I'm very impressed with with my 20 year old Legacy.

I was on I-5 in Portland and an 18 wheeler truck tractor hit me from the rear then he tried to steer off to the right side and that just turned my Legacy perpendicular to the lanes and he pushed me, tires screeching for 1/2 mile down the freeway with nothing for me to look at but the concrete median out my windshield  and out my driver's side window, his Peterbilt grill. I kept screaming stop, stop, stop...ha, like that did any good, but as it turned out he eventually slid his truck off to the right side and left me sitting southbound in the NB lanes of I-5 looking at 4 lanes of  mad rush hour traffic coming at me and everyone looked ticked and no one but one brave lady stopped smack in traffic to check on me.

There was no compartment intrusion, the airbag did not deploy but then there was no front end collision with my baby car. 20 years I've had that lovely car and in a heartbeat some yahoo with a big old truck smashed it to pieces. But I am OK, no damage. Did I tell you , I love that car!

It kept me from over-turning, being run over by all his axles and being a greasy spot on the road. Thank God and Greyhound for the Portland Police Bureau for not writing a report (rump roast-holes) and not getting all his insurance info, only mine. 

Let us hear a giant WHOOP! for '96 Subaru Legacy!

• Like 1

Pushed a 1/2 miles, sideways, by a truck!  I'll bet that was exciting.

I have owned two 95 subarus and still own one.  It was a great year for subarus.  You were a single owner, too.  Wow.  Sorry for your loss but maybe you can find a replacement 2.2 engine subaru, although they are getting scarce.  How many miles were on it?