Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Air conditioning in '82 Brat Gl

Hey guys it has been a while. I have been working on a few things but was thinking about putting a/c in. I am finding that there two different types of condensers. I need to know which one before I can even research cost and availability. Does anybody know if it matters whether I put the Hitachi or Lone star in?

I"m also considering adding A/C to my 85 brat which has the badge "Car is equipped for installation of optional A/C".  If someone would list what "all the AC stuff" includes, I'd really appreciate it!  :D Is it just the condensor and a belt or two or do I need to grab more parts than that from a Loyale or Brat!?

Looks like the whole enchilada is covered here.  Which parts are missing in a "equipped for optional" car?

0900c152800670ae.gif

0900c152800670af.gif

Hitachi was factory AC and IIRC, Lonestar was dealer added AC. Hatchsub is correct. You need to make sure you get the components for the correct system you want to install. All of the brackets, hoses, condenser, accumulator (receiver/drier), compressor, condenser and evaporator core are different and not easily interchangeable as the fittings are different between the two systems.