Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Bearing problem...'91 Legacy 2.2 4WD

My Subaru finally goes bad with the rear right bearing. It's making zooming noise. I took off the tire and found the outside hub is loose. I wonder how hard it is to replace this bearing or do I have to take it to a shop to do it. I had a shop took off the locking nut, but the outside hub doesn't seem come off. I need to use a puller or something.

My question: Is this a user replaceable bearing? Or is this bearing something has to be pressed in by a shop?

Thanks in advance

Thanks for the reply. I'm going with the complete hub assembly and not the wheel bearing itself as it will be too much work to have someone press it in for me. The overall cost might not worth it either. I went to this brake shop and the people there treated me very rude. They said they won't do it (even though I offered to pay them to take out the axle nut) if I don't let them do the whole thing, which would cost me $300.00 (so they told me if they do everything). I think they are just rude and very unprofessional. I don't know why any employer would even hire such people.