Ultimate Subaru Message Board

my guess is something is unplugged or not plugged in all the way.  It may be something you didn't intend to disconnect but came loose during the injector change.  I'd go over everything in the area where you worked and push all the connections together.

Edited by screwbaru2

I know you were not near it, or didn't mention it in your notes, but a stuck open EGR can cause rough idle and misfire on all cylinders.

I would also recheck the IAC, hoses and connection. When operating properly, it will either 'hum' or 'buzz' at an idle as it opens and closes the reed valve quickly.

And you were right by the engine TEMP sensors ( next to the IAC  ), I would check that they are properly attached,

Hope Crank sensor was proper number.... I have had parts people give me a CAM sensor, On some they look alike, but have different characteristics .

Still own a 98S, daughter uses it for college..... continues to be a great little AWD wagon. Owes us nothing if it dies tomorrow, but can't afford to replace it right now.

Edited by ferret