Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EJ22T into Brat swap ignition/fuel relay confusion..

Turns out I'm having trouble with the relays. I'm not exactly sure on where to go with them. Could any explain to me in detail how to install the ignition and fuel relays? I have the brown box ignition and silver cylinder fuel relays but I'v also read that the relays are the four black boxes on a fuse panel in the engine bay. And a brown diode is suppose to be in there somewhere. I think this is where I'm getting confused. Any help would be appreciated!

Problem solved. Got a new wiring harness.. New wiring harness fixes all the problems lol!

Oh man to hear and see my EJ22T swap fire up for the first time after the weeks of frustration with it not starting... Absolutely amazing. 10/10 would recommend! :)

A personal thank you to all of those who supported me with this swap. You are all geniuses. Thank you again!!!

Lol you were right! The relays weren't in correctly either. We tied them in and nothing was working. I was lucky to find another harness, put it in and she fired right up. I salvaged the engine from a scrap yard without knowing why it was scrapped. No body damage. There must have been an electrical problem to start with.

I'm wondering how many EJ22T Brat's are on the road now?

Edited by ragingbull