Ultimate Subaru Message Board

No Indicators Working. Hazards OK

This is a 1988 Leone, 4WD with EA82.  

All fuses are OK, but no Indicators.   Yet all work with Hazard switch.  

I know it is a different circuit, but at least it rules out Bulbs and fittings etc.

Any ideas would be helpful for me !

This is a 1988 Leone, 4WD with EA82.  

All fuses are OK, but no Indicators.   Yet all work with Hazard switch.  

I know it is a different circuit, but at least it rules out Bulbs and fittings etc.

Any ideas would be helpful for me !

I would check out the relay first.

I used an 88 dash and engine harness in my 86. This required me to change all the switches to the 88 style. I had to study both diagrams closely. The 86 only has one flasher but it's part of the turn signal switch. The 88 also only has one flasher but it is separate from the switch.

Thanks for your help guys.      I've made a temporary fix by ID-ing the cables, and running a temp power feed.   So working now....BUT....Turn signals still work even when ignition is off !    But at least a fix of sorts.

It seems that the 4WD switch on top of the manual shifter is linked to this fuse, and keeps blowing.   I need to look into this as a separate issue.

Does anyone know where I can find a circuit for this part of the electrics ?    A lot of the advertised manuals seem to have 'Engine Electrics' only, and nothing about  lights, turn signals etc.