Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1998 subaru legacy outback wagon front clip swap with a 1998 subaru sti 22b

SabubaruSmith

Hey guys i really want to do something that i would thing is sick but i want to know if it is possible first with minor fabrication. I have a 98 subaru legacy outback that i would like to wide body with the factory wide body 98 subaru sti 22b flairs and front clip. is it possible to do with out having to cut up the front end a bounch or is it just bolt the hood, bumpers, lights and fenders on and go. i already know that the rear flairs are going to take a lot of work but i want to make my car stand out a lot and that is the only classy way i can think about doing it. Please get back to me with your thoughts. and if anyone can do renderings I might be interested in paying for a rendering of is. talk to you guys later.

post-64176-0-55904000-1483166181_thumb.jpg

22b is based on an Impreza.

I have seen an impreza 2.5RS bumper put on a Legacy, but that's a pretty simple body line. I suspect it could be done, but it probably won't be easy, it definitely won't be bolt on.

You could probably get your hands on a standard Impreza fender for cheap through a junkyard, and use that for a test fit to see how close it is. That would give you an idea of how close it is. As a 22b-based widebody is a bolt on for a '93-'01 Impreza