Ultimate Subaru Message Board

'87 Brat in Macon County Alabama

This is my second Brat, my first one was a 78 but we went from having one 12 year old to having four 13 year olds, kids that is, so I had to move to a car that safely carried at least five. Those kids are now 40 years old and I am retired so I was able to get another Brat.  I only had to drive 762 miles round trip to get it. As soon as I patch a slow leak in the gas tank, this will be my primary vehicle.  I will keep my Yaris for when I have to haul two to four passengers.  After fixing the gas tank and patching a few rust holes I will replace the seats.  We have an older camper, trailer not self driving, that is painted white and yellow, I will paint the brat to match the camper.  While the Brat can't pull the camper we will take the Brat when we go camping just to show off.  The tires are old, made in 02, and I would like to replace them with some that are a little larger.  I want to keep the original wheels.  If anyone knows how big a tire I can run on them I would appreciate knowing that also.

I guess that will do for an introduction.

jim