Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Safety features parity 2014 to 2018 - Outback

Hi All,

My wife is looking at upgrading Outbacks and I need some help. We currently have a 2012 Outback which is very nice, but does not have modern safety features. She found a well priced 2014 Outback Limited 3.6R. The description of this car lists: EyeSight System, follow distance indicator, lead vehicle indicator, lane departure and sway indicator, pre-collision indicator, adaptive cruise control, back-up camera display in center console. It does NOT appear to have warning of cars in blind spot. It was my understanding that most of these features began in 2016.

If not this 2014 Outback, we were looking at a 2017 or 2018 with these safety features (and possibly more).

Is this 2014 on a reasonable par with the newer cars, or should we really hold out and buy the newer model? The price is very good for the 2014, but we can spend more if necessary. I will add, the 2014 appears to be a special order vehicle and has a special appearance package and EyeSight - and every other bell & whistle - it was a top of the line vehicle.

Thoughts ???? Thanks. Craig