Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Does anyone have experience with sway bar upgrades? Ive read abit about white line sway bars and brackets. Not sure if its worth the money though. I would definitely like more stability but the difference would need to be fairly dramatic for me to dish out the cash for the sway bars plus bushings and brackets. Mabey i should just replace the old ones with oem parts? The links and brackets im running rite now are pretty worn out looking. Not sure if stock parts will give me the difference im looking for. 

Upgraded sways do make a difference, but they should be paired with upgraded shocks/struts (Subarus are underdamped in stock form).  I have Whiteline 24 mm front and 22 mm rear bars on my '17 Outback, along with Rallitek overload springs in the rear, and Bilstein B4 struts in front and B6 shocks in the rear.  That setup in combination with a custom alignment (0* toe and -0.5 * camber at all 4 corners - Moog adjustable rear lower and front arms needed) leaves just a bit of understeer.  I also use Enkei Raijin 19" wheels and Continental DWS 06 tires in 245/50-R19; the tire/wheel upgrade has the biggest effect, but all of the other components have a noticeable effect.

Edited by ronemus

Thanks for the info. I think ill just go with oem parts and get what i get. I dont expect my handleing to go back to where is was before the lift but something is better then nothing. Ill just be disconnecting the sway bar when offroading anyway. No sence in upgrading when ill only use it half the time ha

• Like 1

On 12/13/2021 at 12:11 AM, Liftedlego96 said:

Thanks for the info. I think ill just go with oem parts and get what i get. I dont expect my handleing to go back to where is was before the lift but something is better then nothing. Ill just be disconnecting the sway bar when offroading anyway. No sence in upgrading when ill only use it half the time ha

How deep of snow are you planning to drive in? I have been in 2ft of snow in my '95 easily with just the outback struts and outback sized tires. I've only ever gotten stuck in packed, re-frozed snow. Which is why I carry my snow shovel in my roof basket during the winter.

It all depends. I leave for work before the plows take care of the roads. The snow drifts are my biggest concern. I had an 03 forester that I've almost burried several times. Luckily id always make it threw without stopping completely but i dont want to be in a snow storm trying to unburry myself when the next half awake bozo comes bursting threw the snow drift im stuck in lol plus my back isnt as strong as it used to be. If i could put my snow blower up top i definitly would ha

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Liftedlego96 said:

It all depends. I leave for work before the plows take care of the roads. The snow drifts are my biggest concern. I had an 03 forester that I've almost burried several times. Luckily id always make it threw without stopping completely but i dont want to be in a snow storm trying to unburry myself when the next half awake bozo comes bursting threw the snow drift im stuck in lol plus my back isnt as strong as it used to be. If i could put my snow blower up top i definitly would ha

I'm willing to bet you have enough clearance now....What will you be running for tires?