Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Has anyone run these tires?

I had a friend who sent me a photo of some awesome looking tires, by far the most aggressive I've seen available. They are the Forceum and they are a 165/80/13 8 ply tire. Feel free to look them up. My question is, has anybody on here ran these, and if so were there any mods that needed to be done for them to not rub? I'm looking to run them on a 89 gl wagon. I've never run any size other that factory to date on any of the 3 subies I've got. Just looking for some input or thoughts. Thanks and have a great day!

• 2 weeks later...

I replied in another thread:  Yes they will fit.   From what I can see on the website, they only have one tire this size, the Ecosa, which is just a standard passenger car radial.   Run them at 36 psi minimum.   If you can find one that is more aggressive, don't worry, it will fit fine too.  

18 hours ago, photorich65 said:

what a crazy little tire !  You did see the part about "not for highway use" ?  Just checking, they probably work fine.  noisy, but fine.

Yeah I did see that note on them. They have a speed rating of 93 which is "supposed to be" up to 99mph. I drive 6 miles a day to and from work, it is a paved road, but has a posted speed limit of 45 mph. They just arrived today, amazingly all 5 showed up on the same day, a week late, but at least they are all here. Just in time for the 6-12"s of snow were supposed to get by the end of tomorrow.

On 12/7/2022 at 10:34 PM, robm2 said:

I replied in another thread:  Yes they will fit.   From what I can see on the website, they only have one tire this size, the Ecosa, which is just a standard passenger car radial.   Run them at 36 psi minimum.   If you can find one that is more aggressive, don't worry, it will fit fine too.  

Just got them today, they look exactly like the tire pictured on Amazon. Looking forward to getting them mounted up!

Howdy,

Forceum M/T 08 Plus Mud Off-Road Light Truck Radial Tire-165/80R13  Load Range D 

I bought a pair of these for my 82 BRAT.     I have been looking for heavier sidewall/8ply as the stock tires seem to only be 4ply rated. I use my BRAT to haul firewood and other full loads, (1000 lbs. rafting gear, garden stuff). I have a steep mtn. driveway and really need a true mud and snow tire. Load range weight was 1477 lbs.