Ultimate Subaru Message Board

who'da thunk it.

UNfortunately, no pics, but...had a good time at the beach today.

My wife and I went to westport today (out by Aberdeen), and went out to the beach. As we came over the little sand dune on to the beach, we found a newer Toytota Tacoma buried almost to the axles in the sand. Fortunately for him, I happened to have some rope in the car. Hooked on to his rear bumper and 4-lo plus about 5 fat chicks pushing...and voila.... The guy quietly admitted to me that his buddies in the Toyota Tacoma club would never let him live it down...getting extracted by a station wagon that was old enough to buy its own booze 2 years ago. :)

Thus...the 83 is no longer a mere Scoobywagon....it is, in fact, a Tow Wagon (as opposed to a tow truck). :banana:

Awesome! How come the 4x4s I see are so stuck that a full size is needed to yank him out? Saw a chevy that was sitting on both bumpers. The axels didn't have much weight on em at all. He was quite stuck. Or, it's me who's stuck in the sand and has to get pulled out by an F350 who's spining all fours and I'm going noware? That time, I wasn't even sittin on the frame, I just couldn't get the tires moving; no lowend torque and VERY soft sand.:banghead: