Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ford+cliff=subie

1st post

Howdy everyone,

I have a little unfinished business with my current off road and then I'll be an official subie wannabe. A few weeks ago I got to go romping in my wifes 04 Forester and no its not the XT:( but now I'm hooked. I think I will need one that I can dent. These rides are a blast.

I will miss my vegg-o-matic but her time has come. (Februrary 1984 - August 15 2004) Hey maybe I can yank out her turbo and cram it in my fool bus. Naa, prolly too big. I think I will concentrate on scouring the land for parts to create Soobnstein.

Byron

Hola! amigo. Socorro is getting wet! Any day it rains in the desert is a good day. Are you wet?

My wife is gonna let me do it too. I still have the condition that the vegg-o-matic has to go.

byron

Vegg-o-matic? you have a bio diesel car? My wife drives a 1983 Mercedes 300d Turbo. No rain here right now but I agree rain is welcome. I get up there ocasionaly.

Adam

Not biodiesel just veg oil. Biodiesel requires about half again as much methanol to make so there really is no gain in $$$. Waste Veg Oil is a cool trick you can do with diesels that use a precombustion chamber. Your 300 could use my kit but worst case you would be cleaning injectors every X,000 miles.

Might get to go lookin for subie's this weekend but I don't know what I want or what's avaliable.

Adios

Not biodiesel just veg oil. Biodiesel requires about half again as much methanol to make so there really is no gain in $$$. Waste Veg Oil is a cool trick you can do with diesels that use a precombustion chamber. Your 300 could use my kit but worst case you would be cleaning injectors every X,000 miles.

Might get to go lookin for subie's this weekend but I don't know what I want or what's avaliable.

Adios

I am going to the junk yard on saturday/sunday to do a quick inventory. Found an 87 4x4 clean no rust ok interior motor? don't know. plus a number of others going to do a good inventory of all of the junkyards here and post it on the pages.