Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Thinkin about replacin seats... any ideas?

So yeah i have an 86 coupe and the seats are gettin pretty worn down. I was thinking about replacing them including the brackets with some nicer newer seats. Any recomendations. Also im pretty tall, 6'6" or so, so i was thinking about mounting them back a few inches so im a little more comfortable. If i got like some seats from a junk yard out of say an older legacy would they bolt in and maybe even back a little? Thanks

If you want bolt-in seats, go with XT, XT6 or GL-10 seats. They're all height-adjustable so they should be more accomodating towards your altitude. (Note that XT DL seats do NOT have the height adjustment.) XT6 seats were also available in leather between 1989 and 1991 (although they're quite rare). Legacy seats will require some simple modifications but are very comfortable. The same goes for seats out of a VW Golf or Merkur Scorpio (comfy, right size and easily made to fit). Hope this gives you some ideas...