Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Sight glass in Hitachi carby

Hi there from Melbourne Australia,

I have an '84 DL wagon and have swapped a recently reco'd Hitachi carby from another vehicle. It has tuned up well and runs well but I dont see the fuel in the sight glass. How easy is it to see? Do you see it only when the motor is running?

I am enjoying reading about the Weber conversions. Does it make a noticeable difference? What are the advantages of this conversion? I wonder whether the manifold adapter plate would be available in Australia?

Thanks for a very informative forum.

welcome to the board

well it could be because your bowl is full of fuel instead of being half full/empty and for webers there is a guy down in Oz that rebuilds them and also rejets them for our uses IIRC his s/n on here is cameron so might check the members list and find his profile for more info to contact him with

and for adapters you should be able to find them matter of finding out where you can find them Down under

welcome to the board

well it could be because your bowl is full of fuel instead of being half full/empty and for webers there is a guy down in Oz that rebuilds them and also rejets them for our uses IIRC his s/n on here is cameron so might check the members list and find his profile for more info to contact him with

and for adapters you should be able to find them matter of finding out where you can find them Down under

Thanks for the reply. I will try and contact cameron about webers.

If the bowl is full of fuel, what effect does this have on carby? why is there an indicator level? suppose it is to do with flooding