Ultimate Subaru Message Board

JARED - you talkin bout the ORV in El Centro? Southwest Pics*

P K

Superstition mountains on the western outskirts of El Centro. it's right on the border of the navy marine corp bombing range. lot's of sand and some rock too.

last 2 times i went to Gordon Wells, southern part of glamis... i broke a total of 1 axle, tore 2 strut tops, bent and deformed a lower balljoint and tore upmy front control arm.... speed, big tires, subaru= killer.... maybe cause i got a lead foot in open areas... but if i stay down around 15 or 20 mph it'll be fine. and stay away from whoop-d-doos. i should be fine if i put limiting straps on the front end also. otherwise i overextend my struts and land hard once or twice and tear!! strut tops comes apart and kills everything. but dunes are pretty fun! when i get back i'm swapping a yota axle in the rear and replacing an axle. i'll measure up some limiting straps and i guess off to the dunes!

Superstition Mtns. has dunes also. and some extreme rock obstacles on the side and trails that are likely to get no damage also.

Gordon wells, glamis, butter cup and patton valley, and a bunch more in the same range of dunes. gordon wells and buttercup are the closest to me and should be to you to. 30 minutes from me. it's at the base of glamis, about 20 miles south of glamis, on the same dunes.

Semper Fidelis,

Jared