Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Please help me make a decision....please

OK--so it's got 156k or so--I'd want a stick--the auto has a interesting solenoid to divide power to the rear that the stick does not--I've replaced 10 of the units in the last year--the stick usaes a third "diff" that is mechanical--

Second--there are four idler wheels in the timing case & the waterpump that should be replaced at 120K + the seal to the oil pump has been upgraded by Subaru--I bet they were not done & the total for the four+ waterpump is kind'a high-- If you want the car bad enough----go for it, but remember what it takes when you open the front case--

Dean

Well, I gave him 100 dollar check to hold it til monday. I have the car in my posession until then and the sale is pending the mechanic inspection monday morning. They estimated 500 bucks worst case scenario and quoted me $60.00 to pull the cover and find out what it is. That would put the car at 5600.00 total. The other cars we have looked at in this category have not come close to the "solidness" of this car (obviously minus the noise). It truly drives out like new. I had my mind set on a manual but all the manuals I drove felt less solid than this auto. And my wife is really wanting an auto (since its for her I thought I would entertain the idea). I guess I have an out if they find something beyond the $500.

Thanks for the insight and opinion...I truly appreciate it!!!