Ultimate Subaru Message Board

02OBW security system upgrade question

I just installed the subaru security system upgrade . It wasn't to bad to install. My question is all the alarm features work except 1 . When I alarm and disalarm the car the parking lights don't flash . In the directions I got it says that they flash once when alarming and flash twice when disalarming . Is there a secret to programming the the system or am I screwed .

Thanks all for reply's

Mike in South Jersey . :banghead:

Hmmmm. I am pretty sure it was a plug and play module...correct. My suggestion to you would be to find a wiring diagram and use a test light to see if there is power coming from the parking flash wire. Maybe a dead fuse? I do know some alarms have the siren disable feature but I have never heard of one that lets you disable the lights.

Hope this helps a little.

I have a dealer installed locking/security system with engine start feature that does the same thing. Arm it and the lights flash once. Disarm it and they flash twice. The kicker is that every so often the system works as it should, but the lights will not flash at all, arming or disarming. This may go on for a week or so and then some set of circumstances will occur where the lights flash as they are supposed to. It will work correctly for a month or so, and then off go the lights again for a 2 week period or more. Its driving me crazy. I have yet to get back to the dealership to ask about this, as its 70 miles away. If anyone can get to the bottom of this I'd be most appreciative.

• 10 months later...

Do you know if this upgrade is available as an aftermarket part,if not how much was the factory kit. thanks:banghead:

I just installed the subaru security system upgrade . It wasn't to bad to install. My question is all the alarm features work except 1 . When I alarm and disalarm the car the parking lights don't flash . In the directions I got it says that they flash once when alarming and flash twice when disalarming . Is there a secret to programming the the system or am I screwed .

Thanks all for reply's

Mike in South Jersey . :banghead:

I ordered mine from one of the subaru parts online store's .I think it was the one that Liberty Subaru has . I finally able to take the car into the dealer and they said there is a dealer only installed part to get the lights to flash.

Mike K