Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Sad Day

It is a sad day for me I can't afford to get the subaru's exhaust fixed so I am forced to junk it:( :( :( now I have a VW golf and I hate the damn thing clutch is going leeks oil need crankshaft oil seal camshaft oil seal mother bought me the vw because I needed a car to go to work in and I think the subaru is more reliable and easer to drive. If anyone has never seen the shift pattern in a VW reverse is first. but don't worry as soon as I can afford another subaru I WILL be back and driveing it and not the POS VW

I am driven by whats inside SUBARU.

I hope you didnt get rid of your Sube!!!! I wish you would have posted you needed some exhaust..I could donate a decent muffler and tailpipe if it was a DL,GL,or Loyale. It was all we could save from mine when I couldnt afford a new one myself....but instead of getting rid of my baby...Some ppl from this board helped me out..So now I could return the favor.

I have owned a few VWs and they are ok but really expensive to fix..they are definatly no Soob thats for sure.

Yes I still have it I tried to donate it to a charity but they wouldn't take it and as far as I know all I need is the entire exhaust for the car wish I would have known that someone would have donated the exhaust because in Pa a cherry bomb is illegal for inspection (its too loud) plus I was quoted $1000 for the whole exhaust the cat and everything. Wish I would have known earler because there is a new clutch with 40 miles on it and I think its a waste to just get rid of it.

What is it???? What model?? some of us might be interested in it for parts or even to fix. Have you tried to sell it here? I am originally from PA and I know ways around the inspection...;). Where did you take it?? Some places try to rook you into getting the whole thing when you dont need it.Plus if you need the Y pipe you can always look in the JY for them. Mine broke at the resinator pipe and I got a quote of about $700 to replace it...there is no way I could afford that..but I am not to proud to run a used exhaust until I get the money saved to get new.

its a 1989 Subaru GL 4WD with 119,000 had it for 2 years and could never get to drive it it was my first car I got it as a graduation present but I didn't have my license so I hardly got to drive it. Then I went to college and then got my license then went to get it inspected and thats when I found out that I had a couple of holes in the exhaust one in the pipe leading into the catalitic converter. Then some in the resonator pipe and the little piece of what was the pipe that led into the muffler that the cherry bomb was attached to rusted butI think all this damage was caused by the shop that replaced the clutch. They had it for 3 months and when it left it had NO problems then the exhaust got loud. I later found out that my mother told me that the shop wanted the car and she wouldn't sell it to them so I think they damaged my exhaust.:banghead:

Then I went to get it inspected and they said $1,000.00 at one place and $800.00 at another.