Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1987 Brat--Choke issue

Can anyone tell me if you can put power right to a choke to test? Or even better, if you have the blue wire with no power, running, where can i look?

As always, seems that this is more a site for the chosen few to get responses, so, i found my correct answer elsewhere, where you don't need to be one of the chosen few

Not just a matter of unfortunate timing. Not all of us have Brats, much less an '87; or the shop manual that comes with it. As to your original question, running 12v power directly to the choke terminal and watching to see if the choke opens properly would be a good test. I'd have to dig a bit to see where the 12V power for the automatic choke originates; it might be as simple as a fuse; or as difficult as a faulty ignition switch or bad connector somewhere. Welcome to the Board and I hope you have better success in the future with your queries.....better yet I wish you have no problems with your Brat.:)

Far from having a chosen few here I think. Just a busy bunch sometimes and you hit us at the wrong time apparently. Would you mind posting your findings?