Ultimate Subaru Message Board

93 Loyale SPFI Grief !!!!!!!!!!!

The car runs pretty darn good with neither white or green connectors connected. Definitely driveable- I took it to the gas station and put some in, and drove back home.

I will unplug the MAF Sensor next opportunity I have and see what happens with the green connectors- It may be a day or two.

Thanks for your help guys!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Hoozie----I scanned the thread you provided and it does appear the MAF may be involved as some of the engine's behavior looks like hot wire failure.

We'll Know if timing is a factor if the engine responds favorably to adjustment with the green connectors connected.

Hey Sub----Slow but sure we're getting all the bugs out. She's goin' to be good for another 100,000!:banana:

Hey Sub---I have a theory on what's going on with your Loyale. It will be problem #13. Replacing the O2 sensor and replacing the timing belts has the car running pretty fair. But just connecting the Test connecters causes the engine to act very sick. It could be that the ECU's test mode programming has become corrupt. If this is true then no retiming or part replacements are going to stop the engine dying in Test mode. And codes stored in the memory may not be accurate. I've heard cheap ECUs can be had for $50. But your ECU may run the engine for quite a long time without further failure.:)

roy