Ultimate Subaru Message Board
Sign in to follow this  
Subarunation 713

99 Legacy L 30th Anniversary Edition Opinion Needed

Everybody loves to give opinions so here is your chance!

If you have had experience with the 1999 Legacy L 30th Anniversary Edition sedan I would like to know if you liked, disliked, weren't impressed, were impressed, loved, hated or a combination of any of the above.

I am looking at a 99 Legacy L sedan, AWD, 5 speed, (is there really any other way to drive!), 2.2 with all of the bells and whistles.

My 93 Legacy wagon will soon be put out to pasture and I need something else to drive the wheels off of.

Let me know,

Greg

btw-is there still a hill holder on a 99?

I have a 99 OBW 30th Anniversary edition... more bells & whistles than you can shake a Toyota at... so to speak. That's one of the reasons I bought it. 58k & 6 years old... not a drop of oil on the garage floor... the original owner (I'm the 2nd) was maticulous about this vehicle.

So far, I love it. it does it all except make the coffee... a Kamikariad's next vehicle for me.

Later,

Peter

I test drove a 99 Legacy 30th Anniversary wagon a short time back and it had the hill holder clutch. I probably would have bought that car, I test drove it just before the dealership closed in the evening and it sold the next morning :(

Urban Coyote

Thanks for your feedback. I pulled the trigger and I am driving down to Asheville, NC on Sunday to pick it up Monday morning (after a going over first of course). I will let you know what I think. My first drive will be an 11 hour one so by Monday night I should have a pretty good idea if I made a genius or bonehead move!

Greg

thanks for the hil holder info, not really a huge deal but a nice thing to have