Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Loyale electrical woes

Hey all, my '93 has a couple of electrical issues, namely, the power locks don't work anymore, and now the seat belts don't retract on the door frame when I open the doors. (Both sides)

I don't know why the seat belts stopped retracting, but I have an idea about the door locks. Last winter during a very long sub-zero stretch, the rear gate lock was locking and unlocking repeatedly. I had to leave the car locked to keep it from going nuts. If left unlocked, it would just keep going on off on off on off. When the weather warmed up some it stopped doing this. We must've had a real cold night one night I left it unlocked. I think it must've started it's on off thing thru the night. I figure something must've burned out from it doing this all night. Took a look inside the rear gate, and drivers door, but everything looks OK. Not having a manual, I couldn't go much further than this.

OK the locks are an annoyance, but my daughter will be inheriting this car and I'd like the seat belts to work properly for her.

Any hints as to what I can look for?

F4F