Ultimate Subaru Message Board

87 FI Turbo - is the mechanical stuff salvagable?

My neighbor mentioned giving me his 87 Subaru wagon for a parts car because he is moving - I've already gotten the radiator off of it to put in my car, and it was in great condition. It is a FI Turbo wagon, but it wasn't running - and the whole car was flooded a year ago October. Totally 100% submerged. I can still use the headlights/tail lights/blinkers and a few things here and there, but I'm wondering if any of the engine or any of the fuel injected stuff or the turbo would be salvagable after being submerged? The tranny was removed before the flood, and that was in the back of the car during the flood. When I removed the radiator, there was no mud in the anti-freeze - all looked good. I didn't think to look at the dipstick to check out the engine oil, but I imagine it proabably has water in it. Anyhow, just wondered. It's a good parts car for other stuff non-mechanical even if the mechanical stuff is no good......