Ultimate Subaru Message Board

clutch won't disengage

Just use a hammer and beat the pilot bearing off, it's junk anyway. Get a new one along with clutch and throwout bearing. And by the way change the rear engine seal while you got it apart. When you get the new pilot bearing make sure it slides on the imput shaft.

Craven

thats what I want to do, but I have NO money for parts and won't be having any money for parts :[

Ok, new problem... was ready for the trial run, and the clutch won't disengage, its not the cable, the pedal is going to the floor, and the lever on the trans is coming back as far as it can go. What did we do wrong???

Have you figured out what the prblem is yet ? Just wondering I've got the same situation with a new clutch that I just installed looking for information.

Have you figured out what the prblem is yet ? Just wondering I've got the same situation with a new clutch that I just installed looking for information.

well, the way the car ACTED was like the clutch cable was too loose... but what it turned out was we put in a flywheel with a bad pilot bearing that got stuck to the input shaft, and the clutch disc wasn't lined up right and when the engine and tranny were forced together, it got stuck too, had to be slide hammered off.

Did everything seem to go together easily? did the engine and tranny go together without too much hassle? if it all went together smoothly, I would recommend checking the clutch cable

well, the way the car ACTED was like the clutch cable was too loose... but what it turned out was we put in a flywheel with a bad pilot bearing that got stuck to the input shaft, and the clutch disc wasn't lined up right and when the engine and tranny were forced together, it got stuck too, had to be slide hammered off.

Did everything seem to go together easily? did the engine and tranny go together without too much hassle? if it all went together smoothly, I would recommend checking the clutch cable

Yeah everything went together really nice no bolts needed. The arm is alll the way against the opening in the tranny when the pedal is depressed. it can't release any farther :confused:

yo i will see if i can find a pilot bearing here at jims. i do remember pointing out the bad one on the flywheel, but we forgot all about it when it was time to put it together...

so was the disc stuck to the input shaft? how is the disc? if there is anything you need i will see what i can find here, let me know by tomorrow. i can go to toms next weekend cause he was unable to make it here to jims this weekend, so if i get things wrapped up right away i will set out early. if you need to get to toms let me know i have to go there sometime to get my keys and my battery

tom has the clutch parts we need, I've got a new pilot bearing (my dad had one) and Tom said he should be home by sunset but to let him know if we are coming up before that and he'll leave the clutch parts in the sedan

yo i will see if i can find a pilot bearing here at jims. i do remember pointing out the bad one on the flywheel, but we forgot all about it when it was time to put it together...

so was the disc stuck to the input shaft? how is the disc? if there is anything you need i will see what i can find here, let me know by tomorrow. i can go to toms next weekend cause he was unable to make it here to jims this weekend, so if i get things wrapped up right away i will set out early. if you need to get to toms let me know i have to go there sometime to get my keys and my battery