Ultimate Subaru Message Board

High Idle on 82 gl wagon sometimes

Hey all, I was driving my 'new' gl yesterday, pulling out of the parts store with all the fixins for a tune up, and the engine started idle'ing at 2k. I had just drove it 40 miles, so i know it was warm. So i gave it a half rev, and it went to about 1500, then i gave it a full rev, and it went back to 800, which it normaly idle's at. So i've drove it home and gave it a tune up, new wires, plugs, cap/rotor, etc... Since then, i've drove it a few times, and it's done it occasionaly, usualy settling back down after the second rev, first will keep it at 1500-2000. The car drives fine, but it's really whack. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Hmm, i looked for it today, as weather permited, and i couldnt find it. Dont have power steering, so it made it more difficult to look for. Looked up on autozone.com and napa's website, and they dont show that part available for that year (i was looking for a comparison pic).. is thier any other things that it could be?